[sanewall-dev] git clone with old git 1.5

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Mon May 7 15:37:19 CEST 2012

Hi!

I noticed that the git repo is available over http only, no git
protocol. Besides being slow when the repository will grow to
undreamt of sizes, this prevents access with older git clients.

Not a huge problem, I mainly wanted to make this post so nobody else
has to wonder what's wrong when getting the following error message:

error: Unable to get pack index http://git.sanewall.org/sanewall.git/objects/pack/pack-dc7abec3e583a40691688f632d4fdb2d92b65808.idx
The requested URL returned error: 404
error: Unable to find 43ff7024712d3d9a6f24b772ef17fe01dbdbf600 under http://git.sanewall.org/sanewall.git
Cannot obtain needed object 43ff7024712d3d9a6f24b772ef17fe01dbdbf600
fatal: Fetch failed.

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998