[sanewall-dev] Archlinux PKGBUILD (Was: Sanewall update)

SanskritFritz sanskritfritz at gmail.com
Fri May 11 11:07:19 CEST 2012

I took this thread off the firehol mailing list.

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Phil Whineray <phil.whineray at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 9 May 2012 20:46, SanskritFritz <sanskritfritz at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Phil Whineray <phil.whineray at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>

> >>   - If you package for a distribution, please let me know if you would
> >>    like to include sanewall and if you need anything from me to help
> out.
> >

> > The building process does not differ too much from firehol's I suppose?
> So
> > one can start from the firehol package as basis I think. I'm planning to
> > create an archlinux package.
> >

> Great!
>
> There is very little difference from firehol. I am trying to
> standardise the command as living in /sbin (as the official firehol
> debian package did) or /usr/sbin since init systems seem to be
> diverging currently. Mainly there is just a few file name changes and
> a couple of man pages also upstreamed from the debian package.

I made an archlinux package:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/sa/sanewall/PKGBUILD
Please check if all files are copied ok.

Now, as I tried to test it, I ran into a problem. I stopped firehol and
installed sanewall, but it got stuck at the post install script:
    /etc/sanewall/get-iana.sh
    echo 'Autodetecting networks and creating initial sanewall.conf file...'
    /etc/rc.d/sanewall helpme >/etc/sanewall/sanewall.conf
and it froze here. How can I troubleshoot this?