[sanewall-dev] Archlinux PKGBUILD (Was: Sanewall update)

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Sat May 12 14:31:26 CEST 2012

On 05/12/2012 08:26 AM, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
> On 05/12/2012 08:21 AM, Phil Whineray wrote:
>>
>> On May 11, 2012 10:07 AM, "SanskritFritz" <sanskritfritz at gmail.com
>> <mailto:sanskritfritz at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> > I made an archlinux package:
>> > https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/sa/sanewall/PKGBUILD
>> > Please check if all files are copied ok.
>> >
>> > Now, as I tried to test it, I ran into a problem. I stopped firehol
>> and installed sanewall, but it got stuck at the post install script:
>> > /etc/sanewall/get-iana.sh
>> > echo 'Autodetecting networks and creating initial sanewall.conf
>> file...'
>> > /etc/rc.d/sanewall helpme >/etc/sanewall/sanewall.conf
>> > and it froze here. How can I troubleshoot this?
>> >
>> Do you know exactly what command is running and hanging?
>>
>> If you don't, you can probably find out by running
>> ps auxef
>> In a different terminal and looking for the bottom of the appropriate
>> process tree.
>>
> Could he run the postinstall script manually, as in sh -x
> post-install-script.sh (I did not check the name of the script but you
> know what I mean)?

	You know, let me stop being a lazy ass and start helping. I will build
a archlinux vm today and see how much damage I can do.

Well, I am more ubuntu/centos/debian-trained in the Linux corner. Are
those under control? I volunteer myself (curses! I was volunteered while
I was not looking!) to help on the documentation, but what else can I do
to cause chaos and confusion?