[Sanewall-users] [ANNOUNCE] Sanewall 1.0.0 released

Phil Whineray phil at sanewall.org
Wed Apr 24 21:11:28 CEST 2013

All

I have released version 1.0.0 of Sanewall.

There are no code changes from 0.9.10, so do not feel you have to
upgrade. There are only very minor tweaks to commentary and README
information.

The main purpose of the release is to finalise a stable-1.0 branch
which will receive only important fixes.

Development will proceed with a 1.1.x series on the master branch. The
first couple of things on my list are:
  - review and include the IPv6 code patches
  - introduce automated testing

The IPv6 work will most likely take a while as I am quite busy right now.

You can see an basic idea for how automated testing might work in:
  http://git.sanewall.org/?p=sanewall-experimental.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/testing

To fill in short term I am putting together a set of scripts and
configurations that will allow the iptables output to be easily
compared between versions, against FireHOL and IPv4 v.s. IPv6.

Regards
Phil